All study bedrooms are equipped with the following furniture:
- Standard single bed
- Nicholson St. level rooms have either twin rooms (single standard size beds) or 3/4 size beds in most single rooms
- Small chest of drawers
- Desk and study chair
- Set of bookshelves
- Wardrobe (free standing or built in)
- Bedside lamp
- Internet provision
Bedding is NOT included in your rent. But why not take the hassle out of buying and transporting your bedding and kitchen items by pre-ordering from our friends at UniKitOut? All you need to do is choose the items you want, select your residence, then confirm and pay for your goods.
If you’re staying with us over the summer, or place your order later in the year, UniKitOut's trusted courier will deliver the goods to you directly.
For January arrivals, UniKitOut will be in touch directly after any purchase to confirm how they will deliver your bedding pack to your accommodation.
You’ll be able to order these when you accept your contract; we’ll also let you know what size bed you’ll need to order for, as well as giving you a special discount code.
- Most bedrooms at Richmond Place have an en-suite (private) bathroom, however there are 28 standard plus rooms and a few standard and twin rooms which will share shower rooms (comprising shower cubicle, WC and sink).
This is self-catered accommodation and kitchens are equipped with the following items:
- Four-ring electric cooker with oven and grill
- Chopping board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Dish drainer and pail
- Sweeping brush, mop and shovel
- Ironing board (no iron)
- Crockery and cutlery are not provided
- Pots, pans and frying pans are not provided
Communal facilities and services
- There is a common room in Churchill House (for Nicolson St Level residents only)equipped with seating areas, games table and TV/DVD player.
- There is a new common room in Fleming House for all students, equipped with seatingareas, games and TV. (Access available 12noon to 6am daily)
- Students have access to card/mobile app operated, onsite laundry facilities.
Cleaning and housekeeping
- Staff on site will regularly clean the laundry, common room, common room toilets, stairs and lifts.
- Staff will visit your flat weekly and assist you in keeping common areas clean (kitchens, any shared bathrooms and hallways), however residents should also clean between visits.
- Residents should clear rubbish and remove all recycling to the designated areas: you are also responsible for keeping your own bedrooms and en-suite bathrooms clean.
- Please note that all our accommodation is non-smoking, this includes e-cigarettes.
All utility bills included
Basic contents insurance will be provided by:
Please follow the link to check the level of cover provided. If additional cover is required Endsleigh can assist or you may choose your own provider.
High speed wireless internet is available throughout the property and each bedroom has a data outlet for a wired connection.
Use of internet services is subject to the University of Edinburgh computing regulations and those of the service provider for the property: