New 2020 Students.
We expect to be able to find accommodation for all new students starting in September 2020. Don’t worry if you don’t qualify for the accommodation guarantee below, apply now and we’ll do our best to help you.
You are guaranteed an offer of University accommodation if:
- you are a new, single student at the University of Edinburgh; and
- your online accommodation application is received by 16 August in the year of entry to the University; and
- you are UF (Unconditional Firm) on UCAS by 30 August in the year of entry to the University; and
- you reside outside the City of Edinburgh; and
- you are studying at the University of Edinburgh for the whole academic year, starting in September.
Please apply for your accommodation by following the instructions below.
Moving away from home for the first time should be exciting but it can be daunting too… we are committed to helping you make that transition as easy as possible. This guide should tell you everything you need to know.
Applications for accommodation should be made separately from your application to study at the University of Edinburgh.
As soon as you have accepted your offer to study you can apply for accommodation via your MyED portal (www.myed.ed.ac.uk).
- Unconditional Firm - Once you have accepted a place at the University of Edinburgh you can make your application for accommodation, it can take a few days for your record to update so you may not be able to make your application immediately, applications for accommodation can be made via your MyEd portal (www.myed.ed.ac.uk). Enter your username and password to login, click on the 'Student Life' tab and select 'Accommodation'. Then 'Launch Services', and click ‘Term Time 2020 – 21’ to begin your application.