Explore one of the UK’s most famous cathedrals at Durham, followed by free time in this quaint city. The cathedral is a stunning piece of architecture and is visited by thousands of people each year. The Cathedral Church of Christ, Blessed Mary the Virgin and St Cuthbert of Durham, commonly known as Durham Cathedral and home of the Shrine of St Cuthbert, is a cathedral in the city of Durham, United Kingdom, the seat of the Anglican Bishop of Durham.
The bishopric dates from 995, with the present cathedral being founded in AD 1093. The cathedral is regarded as one of the finest examples of Norman architecture and has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site along with nearby Durham Castle, which faces it across Palace Green.
- 08:00 - Depart Pollock Halls
- 11:15 approx. arrive at Durham Cathedral
- 11:30 to 14:00 - Explore Durham Cathedral & get some lunch
- 14:00-16:00 – Free time in Durham (go shopping/see the architecture/general explore)
- 16:30 - Depart for Pollock Halls