Have you been telling yourself you need to get outside more and explore the natural beauty of Scotland? Would you like the opportunity to meet other residents across our accommodation portfolio?
Residence Life have decided to offer you an easy way to do just this. Your Resident Assistant Team here at ACE is excited to announce your very own excursion to the Benmore Centre weekend located nearby the beautiful Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park.
Mark the dates April 6th - 8th in your calendars now and plan to sign up for a weekend at the Benmore Centre! Registration is already open and tickets are selling at a reasonable pace. Given the great feedback we have had from students already we expect this event to sell out and we currently have around 20 tickets left; we therefore encourage you to book early to avoid disappointment.
The trip will cost only £185 and you will receive the following:
- Transport to and from the centre by private coach (pick up and return to George Square)
- Two nights stay in a Baronial Mansion with stunning views situated within a Botanic garden in the Argyll Forest
- Full provision of all meals during your weekend away (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks)
- Two outdoor activities led by experienced instructors, from the below list:
- RA lead walking opportunities around the beautiful National Park with stunning views
- The opportunity to network with fellow students within UoE accommodation
Caving (Get underground and explore the darkness of Scotland's caves, which hold special historical significance as well!)
Canoeing/Kayaking (Depending on the group's interest, this may be either on a Loch or river, learning different techniques of navigating the waters of Scotland)
Gorge Walking (One of the most popular and wettest activities at the centre, this will give you the opportunity to navigate streams, waterfalls and other obstacles with the goal of seeing how long you can stay dry!)
Climbing/Mountaineering (Another of their most popular activities, Benmore has a good climbing crag within walking distance of the Centre as well as an indoor climbing wall.)
(Instructors will adjust activities based on the skill level of each group, therefore, if you have no experience doing these activities, this is a fun, safe way to experience it.)
Friday, 6th April:
- Departure from Buccleuch at 7:00pm (19:00)
- Arrival at the Benmore Centre approx. 10:00pm (22:00) with soup and bread awaiting our arrival.
Saturday, 7th April:
- Departure on the first of your guided/instructed outdoor activity
- Departure on the second of your guided/instructed outdoor activity
Sunday, 8th April:
- Breakfast at Benmore
- Departure from Benmore at 10:00am
- Arrival back home to Buccleuch about 1:00pm (13:00)…in time to finish up assignments before Monday.😉