New 2020 Students.
We expect to be able to find accommodation for all new students starting in September 2020. Don’t worry if you don’t qualify for the accommodation guarantee below, apply now and we’ll do our best to help you.
You are guaranteed an offer of University accommodation if:
- you are a new, single postgraduate research (typically PhD) student, whether from within the UK, the EU or International; or
- you are a new, single postgraduate taught (PGT) student from outside the EU (including the UK). **
In all such cases, the guarantee applies as long as:
- your online accommodation application is received by 31 July; and
- you have accepted by 31 July an unconditional firm (UF) offer to study at the University; and
- you will be studying in Edinburgh for the whole of the academic year starting in September.
For new, single PGT students, and in recognising the greater difficulties associated with immigration requirements, we are currently only able to guarantee an offer of accommodation to International students.
We are therefore currently unable to guarantee an offer of University accommodation to PGT students from within the EU, including the UK. However, we fully expect to have over 500 rooms available for UK and EU PGT students in September, so you are encouraged to make an earliest possible application and go on to a waiting list; other than from important medical reasons, all offers to students on this waiting list will be made in the order we receive applications. We aim to start offering accommodation to PGT students from within the UK, including the UK from June onwards.