Join the cashless revolution!
Upay is the University of Edinburgh’s cashless catering and online shop system. It is exclusive to University staff and students and allows you to pay for a range of food and beverages in University managed outlets using your staff/student card or your mobile device. You can also avoid the queues and minimise waiting times by pre-ordering your food and drinks that will be ready for collection at your chosen location and time.
What do I do next?
To register for Upay go to www.upaychilli.com or download the free Upay app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. You can also access Upay via the “services” channel in MyEd.
- Click on the ‘Register for a Upay Account’:
- Enter ‘UOE’ as Company Affiliate ID
- Click ‘NEXT’
- Enter your staff or student number, without the letter ‘s’
- You will be prompted to confirm your details.
- Enter you email address, contact telephone number (optional) and create a password. You will then receive an email confirming your registration. If you have not received this email, please check your spam folder or return to the Upay screen and click ‘resend ‘email’
- A range of discounts, promotions and treats excusive to Upay customers.
- Collect loyalty points with every purchase (excludes alcohol) and spend them at your leisure.
- It is a good way to plan your budget – you can only spend what is in your account and you can either top-up your account as you go, set up auto top-ups or confirm the level of top-up you would wish to automate.
- Safer than cash. Only you know how much money is held on your Upay account. If reported lost or stolen, you can go to either one of our Card Help Desks and they will issue a new card which will block your lost card or you can log into your account and block it yourself.
- You can load money on the go using your mobile device or at any PC so do not need to carry cash or hunt for the nearest cash machine.
- A convenient way to pay for meals at all UoE catering outlets (excludes EUSA).
- Improved speed of service at the till – simply tap and go.
- Live account balance and statements available 24/7
- Ordering ahead via Upay Shop will beat the queues and minimise waiting times.
- With Upay Shop you are able to pay with your Upay account balance or with a credit or debit card.