We want to let you know about the University of Edinburgh’s bespoke cashless payment system, Upay.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we like to keep our till transactions as short as possible which is why we encourage our staff and students to download our Upay app.
Upay is an app which can be used to pay for food or drink across all University of Edinburgh managed catering outlets. Simply top up the balance in your app using a bank card and you can use this balance to pay as you go. What’s better, you have the choice of paying by scanning the app or simply using your student/staff card.
Why use Upay
There are a number of great reasons to use the Upay app when paying for food and drink on campus, for both students and staff:
- There are a number of discounts, promotions and treats that are exclusive to Upay users
- You can build up loyalty points which you can then spend on something nice further down the line
- Order ahead for collection or delivery*
You can order and pay for food and drink on the Upay app from the comfort of your study space or office and choose a collection (or delivery) time that is convenient for you, an ideal way of avoiding queues and wait times for your order to be ready.
- You can browse the menu, and see dietary information, all from your phone without the need for printed menus. Allergen information is also available via a link shown in the Order Location.
- Time at the till is reduced, simply tap and go (using the app or your student/staff card)
- A great way to budget. Topping up your Upay balance means you are aware of how much you have to spend at any given time, meaning you don’t need to go into that overdraft for that extra coffee!
*Please note, the Order Ahead click and collect take away is currently available in the Bar@JMCC at Pollock Halls and The Café within the Edinburgh College of Art. Opening soon are: Element at King’s Buildings, 40 George Square Café in the central area and Levels Café & Lounge at Holyrood.
Download the Upay app today from the App Store or Google Play today.
How do I get started?
Register for an account Go to www.upay.co.uk or download the free Upay app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. You can also access Upay via the “services” channel in MyEd.
- Click on the ‘Register for a Upay Account’:
- Enter ‘UOE’ as Company Affiliate ID
- Click ‘NEXT’
- Enter your staff or student number, without the letter ‘s’
- You will be prompted to confirm your details.
- Enter you email address, contact telephone number (optional) and create a password. You will then receive an email confirming your registration. If you have not received this email, please check your spam folder or return to the Upay screen and click ‘resend ‘email’.
We will not pass your details on to 3rd party sources and the content of the mail outs will be service and Upay related news/ information.
Login Once registered, login to Upay by going to www.upaychilli.com and enter your username & password.