Repair Notification Procedure
If you need something repaired in your accommodation, you can follow the below steps:
- By completing a repair form online using the "Repairs" button on MyEd (go to Student Life Tab, launch services, choose "My Accommodation Channel)
Please make sure you...
- Always give as much information as you can about the repair you have requested
- Always give your up-to-date phone number and email address as you may be contacted
- If you don't receive an acknowledgement for your repair request, there may be a problem; check with us!
- Response times for repairs start from the time you receive our acknowledgement
|Category and priority||Response time|
|Within 2 hours|
Failures or defects which do not present a serious risk of damage or injury, but will cause considerable disruption and inconvenience.
|Within 24 hours|
3. Routine (high priority)
Normal repairs which are unlikely to cause a high degree of inconvenience or risk to any persons or property
|Within 7 days maximum|
4. Routine (low priority)
Normal repairs which are unlikely to cause a high degree of inconvenience or risk to any persons or property.
|Within 21 days maximum|
5. Cyclical (planned routine)
As described in 3 and 4 above, but can be deferred to enable work to be batched and planned on a regular basis.
|Within 6 weeks|
Please note: A University representative or tradesperson may make an initial visit to assess the work needed and/or make the situation safe. The actual repair MAY NOT be done during that visit but SHOULD be carried out within the above timescales.
Communications with student customers
Accommodation, Catering and Events employees
- Will give you at least 48 hours notice of property inspections and information gathering visits. PAT testing, fire alarm testing, fire equipment testing and other visits not connected with carrying out repairs.
- Will respond to repair requests by email or phone in all cases. Please ensure you have given your correct contact details.
- Our response will give the repair category of the work required.
Works Department employees
- Will carry Works Department ID cards at all times and, during working hours, should wear corporate clothing and appropriate PPE.
Accommodation, Catering and Events and Works Department employees
- Will always ring the front doorbell and or knock loudly on doors or bedroom doors before entering the property. They may also announce their presence by shouting loudly in hallways.
- Will at all times treat student customers with courtesy and respect their privacy.