Guidance & FAQs
To help you prepare your move please ensure you have considered the following points and answers to our FAQ’s which contain lots of important information
- Plan in advance – packing up and cleaning your accommodation takes longer than you may think. Look out for important guidance from the Property Team to help you with your plans and preparations
- Be prepared with boxes and anything else that will help you move your possessions.
- Please remember that you will need to bring your own cleaning materials so that you can return your accommodation to the original standard.
- Make preparations to empty your fridge/freezer and use up food before your departure date
- Follow any instructions regarding your end of tenancy, cleaning, mail redirection etc. which will be sent by email. Please also check FAQ’s below
- To avoid congestion it is recommended you only have one other person assist you with your move and no more than one vehicle.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure you return your keys before departing. If you have any doubt about where to return these, please contact us using the Accommodation Support Form
It is your responsibility to ensure the following cleaning is carried out:
- Plan ahead – Sort through your belongings; if you will be disposing of items in waste/recycle bins do this as soon as possible and don’t leave this to your move out date. Donate items to charity in advance of your moving out date. Use up food or donate to food banks.
- Clean your bedroom and en-suite (if you have one) thoroughly, including vacuuming flooring: remove all your rubbish & personal items.
Check and clean inside of drawers, behind furniture and under bed. Clean all surfaces.
Clean your communal kitchen/ pantry thoroughly, including oven, hob, microwave & fridge /freezer (where applicable) note, please do not switch off your fridge/freezer, staff will defrost this for you: remove all of your rubbish & personal items, including items in food lockers. Use up food from fridge/freezer and cupboards before moving out. Ensure your freezer drawers can be opened; if your freezer drawers are iced over, you may need to defrost your freezer before departing so you can remove food. Contact us using the Accommodation Support Form if you need advice on this. Clean inside of kitchen units and fridge/freezer
- Clean any shared bathroom/shower room (where applicable) thoroughly.
- Take down posters or any other items: please do so carefully, as any damage to walls or paintwork WILL result in a charge. Clear all personal items and rubbish from communal areas including pantries, kitchens, drying rooms, laundry and any other storage or communal areas.
- Please ensure all the furniture is in the correct rooms and location
- When you are cleaning and packing, please ensure that you open your window.
You should remove all rubbish and recycling and place into the appropriate bins, which are usually located at the front of the building or in the bin store area.
If you do not know where your binstore is, please contact us using the Accommodation Support Form
For any rubbish left, you will be charged £10 per bag for us to remove it.
Yes, it is very important that you have packed everything and take it with you as any items left in your room or communal areas will be disposed of.
If you do leave items in your room, we will charge £10 per bag to clear your room. Please be aware that charges will also apply to cover any costs associated with returning the flat/ room to the condition it was in when you arrived. This could include cleaning fees and repairing any damage.
We ask that you remove any rubbish and food left in the cupboards/ fridges/ freezers to ensure that nothing remains after the last resident departs.
Charges will apply as follows;
- Individual charge to bedroom resident where bedroom is not cleared and cleaned to original condition
- Shared charges to all household residents where communal areas have not been cleared and cleaned to original condition
Unwanted duvet and pillows should be put into a clear bag and left in common room or Re-use collection point. Please look out for information displayed around site. Please do not give us your bedsheets, duvet cover, pillow cases or towels.
Please speak with a member of staff for provision of clear bags.
Do not use black bags as these will be classed as rubbish and disposed of as general waste.
YES – this is extremely important.
Please contact us using the Accommodation Support Form if you need an envelope for key return or confirmation of your key return location.
You must move out by 10am on your lease end date.
This means you’ve removed your belongings, completed cleaning and returned keys by this time/date.
If you are currently still living in your accommodation and are not able to leave your accommodation and travel home by your lease end date then please do let us know using the Accommodation Support Form and we will get in touch to advise you can stay or if there is alternative accommodation we can offer
Please be aware that, should you require accommodation beyond your lease end date, you may be required to move to one of our other accommodation locations.
Charges Sheet 21/22
Prices are correct as of September 2021 - PLEASE NOTE THEY MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Please find below some representative costs of household replacements, cleaning and maintenance charges. The minimum cost for any item is £5.00, and all costs include an administrative charge of 25%. REMOVAL COSTS FOR DAMAGED ITEMS OF FURNITURE MAY ALSO BE CHARGEABLE. The age of the item will be taken into consideration when charging, and the full replacement charge may not always be payable. This list is not exhaustive, for items, not listed quotes will be obtained.