If you don't want to cook and like to know that meals will be ready for you at specific times of the day, then our hassle-free, catered accommodation at Pollock Halls might suit you best.
Pollock Halls accommodates around 1,900 students. Depending on needs and budget, you can express a preference for a single study bedroom, either with shared bathroom facilities or en-suite, or for an en-suite twin bed shared room. En-suite accommodation is currently available in John Burnett House, Holland House and Chancellor's Court, which together comprise just over half of the places at Pollock Halls.
- Costs of all meals are included in your rent and the meal plan consists of 14 meals per week
- Breakfast and dinner are provided Monday to Friday
- Brunch and dinner are provided Saturday and Sunday
- There are no restrictions on how many items you can have for a meal
- All menus include a daily vegetarian option; however, given the size of operation, it is not possible to cater for special diets and should you have a specific dietary need it is advised you apply for a self-catered accommodation option
Pollock Halls can cater for 650 students at a time in the award-winning JMCC restaurant, with a variety of self-service counters providing a wide selection of options. There is also an adjoining bar that serves bar snacks and a shop, run by the Student's Association, for all those necessities. There is also a cash machine located outside of the shop for your convenience.
The allocation to Pollock Halls (or any other University accommodation) is not done on a first come, first served basis. All students who qualify for our guarantee of an offer of accommodation and who give catered accommodation as their first choice have the same chance of being successful.