For high value transactions and/or non-UK based cards please advise your card issuer in advance about the transaction you are about to make. This may help avoid delays in the authorisation process.
If you have access to MyEd:
To make the payment, please log onto the MyEd Finance channel, view account and you should see a tab there that says make payments, then make a non-invoiced payment.
You will be presented with 3 boxes, from the 1st drop down box select student rent, type rent into the 2nd box and the amount into the 3rd box and confirm. You will be taken to a secure website to make the payment. Alternatively, you can call us on 0131 651 2118 where we can do this over the phone.
If you do not have access to MyEd or are making a payment on behalf of a student:
The following cards are accepted:
- Maestro (UK and International)
- Visa Debit
- Visa Electron
- American Express
A receipt will be sent to the email address used when making the payment which should be kept as proof of payment.
Make a bank transfer payment
International students, staff or visitors can pay their fees using the University of Edinburgh – Rent Payment payments platform powered by our partner Western Union Business Solutions. This allows you, your parents and sponsors to pay accommodation fees in the currency of your choice and provides you with a simple and secure way to make a payment.
How it works
Simply select the country you are paying from, how much you would like to pay and your preferred method of payment. Enter your student details. Get your payment instructions and make your payment. You can track your payment status through every step.
Benefits to you:
- Intuitive, mobile friendly interface for a seamless payment experience
- Pay international accommodation fees by bank transfer or online e-wallet
- Convenient payment methods including AliPay, Ten Pay, UnionPay, Trustly, Sofort, etc.
- NO transaction charges from the University of Edinburgh – Accommodation Services or Western Union Business Solutions
- Favourable exchange rates compared to most banks
- Track your payment online step by step
- Peace of mind that your full payment received by University of Edinburgh – Accommodation Services
- Multi language platform: French, Arabic, Japanese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Indonesian, English, Spanish and Hindi
- Customer support service to help you in every step