You are guaranteed an offer of University accommodation if:
- you are a new, single postgraduate research (typically PhD) student, whether from within the UK, the EU or International; or
- you are a new, single postgraduate taught (PGT) student from outside the EU (including the UK). **
In all such cases, the guarantee applies as long as:
- your online accommodation application is received by 31 July; and
- you have accepted by 31 July an unconditional firm (UF) offer to study at the University; and
- you will be studying in Edinburgh for the whole of the academic year starting in September.
** Important information
For new, single PGT students, and in recognising the greater difficulties associated with immigration requirements, we are currently only able to guarantee an offer of accommodation to International students.
We are therefore currently unable to guarantee an offer of University accommodation to PGT students from within the EU, including the UK. However, we fully expect to have over 500 rooms available for UK and EU PGT students in September 2018, so you are encouraged to make an earliest possible application and go on to a waiting list; other than from important medical reasons, all offers to students on this waiting list will be made in the order we receive applications.
For all applicants, and given reasons of demand versus the available supply of accommodation, we cannot guarantee to provide you with precisely the type of accommodation you might prefer. But, and given the great range of accommodation that we do have, we will always do our best to offer you something which most closely matches the preferences you express when applying.
Offers of accommodation will normally commence in May and continue through to September; if you do not meet our guarantee criteria above and/or are not offered accommodation as a waiting list applicant, you will still be offered advice on obtaining alternative accommodation in Edinburgh.